Join Omada to build healthy habits that last.
Omada® is a digital lifestyle change program. We combine the latest technology with ongoing support so you can make the changes that matter most—whether that’s around eating, activity, sleep, or stress. It’s an approach shown to help you lose weight and reduce the risks of type 2 diabetes and heart disease.
Take Omada’s 1-minute health screener to see if you’re eligible.
What is Omada?
Omada® is a personalized program designed to help at-risk individuals combat obesity-related chronic disease. Participants in Omada learn how to make modest health changes that can lead to weight loss and reduced risk for type 2 diabetes and heart disease. Learn more and watch the two-minute video at omadahealth.com/client
What is the application process?
Individuals interested in Omada can visit omadahealth.com/client to take a one-minute risk screener and find out if they meet the clinical enrollment criteria to participate in the program. The risk screener asks a few questions about height, weight, and health conditions. Those who are eligible to enroll will receive an email invitation to join the Omada
Are family members eligible for Omada?
Yes, adult family members (who are 18 years and older) covered under your health plan and meet the clinical enrollment criteria are eligible for
How much does it cost?
All at no additional cost to you: If you or your covered adult dependents are enrolled in the Long Beach Transit medical plan offered through Cigna, are at risk for type 2 diabetes or heart disease, and are accepted into the program, you’ll receive the program at no additional cost.
How does the Omada program work?
Omada’s approach combines proven science with personalized support to help participants build healthy habits that last—whether that’s around eating, activity, sleep, or stress. The program includes:
- A professional Omada health coach for one-on-one guidance. The Omada coaches keep participants on track, on their best days and their worst.
- A wireless scale to monitor progress. Participants will receive this ready-to-use device in the mail, already synced their private account.
- Weekly online lessons to educate and inspire. Participants are guided through online lessons that tackle physical, social, and psychological components of healthy living. Interactive games reinforce learning and help participants make connections to real-world scenarios.
- A small peer group for real-time support. Participants are matched with like-minded participants for added encouragement and accountability.
How long does the Omada program last?
Through Cigna, eligible customers can participate in the Omada program for up to two years. Limit one lifetime enrollment.
How is the Omada program structured?
Omada starts with a core 16-week Foundations phase, organized into four areas:
- Changing Food Habits
- Increasing Activity Levels
- Preparing for Challenges
- Reinforcing Healthy Choices
Participants then enter the Focus phase for the remainder of the first year (and thereafter, if applicable) to continue building healthy habits.
Do participants get to keep the tools after the Omada program ends?
Yes, all the tools that are provided by Omada during the program are meant for participants to keep.
What privacy measures are in place?
What personal information will be shared with a participant’s group?
Group members can see each other’s photo, first name, hometown, and introduction note. Concerning progress through the program, others in the group can see when a participant last logged in, their lesson completion progress, and a progress bar that measures weight loss as a percentage without sharing actual weight. No one in the group will be able to see a participant’s private information such as weight or last name.
What are the specific steps involved in getting started?
Here’s what interested individuals can expect.
- Visit omadahealth.com/lbtransit
- Click the button to take the 1-minute health screener.
- If the results indicate a risk for diabetes or heart disease, participants can then complete a brief online application.
- In 1-2 days they’ll receive an email from email@example.com letting them know if they’re accepted. If someone is accepted, the email will provide instructions on setting up their Omada account online.
- Participants can set up their account on their own time. No strict deadline, but the sooner they set up, the sooner they can start.
- Within 1-2 weeks of completing account setup, participants receive a welcome kit in the mail with their scale.
- Groups kick off each Sunday. This entails an introductory online message from the coach, the first lesson being “unlocked,” and access to the group message board. (Please be advised that Omada may choose not to kick off new groups on the Sundays before or after major U.S. holidays when those holidays may interfere significantly with shipping or group momentum.)
What if individuals have questions?
If at any point in the process someone has questions about the status of their application or account, they can email firstname.lastname@example.org, or check out the help center articles at support.omadahealth.com.
If you’ve signed up but have not received emails from Omada, please check your spam folder for emails from the @omadahealth.com domain.
To learn more about the program, visit omadahealth.com/lbtransit