Cybersecurity at LBT
October is Cybersecurity Month!
Complex and difficult passwords might not be ideal to remember but they help keep LBT safe. Do you know how secure is your password? See below how long it would take a hacker to decode your current password.
Every one of us can help improve cybersecurity at LBT. If your password can be decoded instantly, please reset it with the following tips in mind:
- Create a Strong Password: Passwords should have at least 12 characters, uppercase letters, lowercase letters, numbers and symbols.
- Make Sure Your Password is Unique: Hackers can easily decode passwords that are generic, such as “ABC123,” and don’t have the other characteristics of a strong password.
- Get Creative with Your Password: Use the lyric of a song, a quote from a book, a difficult word out of the dictionary, or an anagram to create your new password.
- Change your Password Frequently: It’s recommended you change your password every 30 to 90 days, but at least once per year is recommended to keep your accounts secure.
- Don’t Use the Same Password: Please be sure to use different passwords for your email, account, etc.